Miinggi Jaanymili Picnic Rug
Wandering Folks first Artists Series, the Miinggi Jaanymili Picnic Rug features Indigenous artists duo Miimi and Jiinda’s artwork.
Miimi and Jiinda's print Miinggi Jaanymili (meaning Heart Gathering) features a central symbol representing a meeting place where people come together connect. Surrounding this meeting place are circles representing neighbouring tribes, friends, and family who travel along their individual paths to meet in the middle, sharing stories, culture, food, and celebrations. This artwork celebrates the ancient art of connection through gathering, reflecting how moments spent together in nature have always united generations and cultures.
Printed on NEW renewable and durable 100% recycled polyester fabrication. The base features our trusty brown water resistant poly/cotton canvas with a waterproof treatment.
$5 from every rug sold will be donated to Karrkaad Trust. This will be put towards the work, land and lives of Indigenous people in West and Central Arnhem.
- Dimensions: 164cm x 147cm
- Weight: 1.9kg
- Hand illustrated print on front side
- TOP/FRONT: 100% Recycled polyester/cotton
- BACK: Poly/cotton canvas with a waterproof treatment.
- Top features NEW renewable fabrication that is made from recycled plastic fibres that's more durable, less likely to fade and water resistant.
- Signature brown base is water resistant
- Hand made tassels on corners
- Embroidered cotton label
- Miimi & Jiinda signature
- Brown ornate woven carry strap
- Stitch lines on back for easy rolling
*Please note that although we try our very best to ensure all imagery portrays products true colours they can sometimes alter on screen or in certain lighting.