RETAIL SALES EXTRAORDINAIRE
Date posted: 4 September 2018
This is a mixed role for a candidate who is both experienced in Retail Sales and has a general knowledge of administrative procedures, who can uphold the high level of customer service that our products call for. You will be energetic and enthusiastic about working in a position where no two days are the same and responsibilities are shared throughout the business.
The successful candidate will have an interest for interiors and styling beautiful products, but also a real passion for promoting the business in the best way possible. As the Retail Sales Assistant for Gypsy and the Bowerbird, you will be responsible for some aspects relating to our online business, including assisting in the ongoing management of our POS & e-commerce platforms. You will also contribute to developing our social media content. You will be responsible for undertaking daily floor sales from consultation through to processing, executing daily administrative tasks, general upkeep of the store and ensuring the space is always presentable and ready to welcome customers.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience required:
- Ideally a minimum of 2-3 years retail experience in floor sales.
- Experience in Shopify POS and Systems, product creation and knowledge of inventory management would be desirable.
- Familiar with creating email campaigns in a way that supports and promotes products and events happening within the business, or be willing to learn.
- Collating Social Media content.
- Intermediate computer skills: Proficiency in MS Office and Social media platforms.
- Demonstrated skills in photography and interior styling would be highly desirable.
- Independent and hands-on with professional skills to function effectively in a demanding and change-oriented environment.
- Possess great communication skills, with the ability to converse at all levels.
- Able to start ASAP or have a short notice period
- Availability to work outside school hours, some Saturday's and over holiday periods is essential.
- Initially this role will be part-time with the potential to increase to full-time for the right person.
To apply - please email your resume and a short cover letter outlining your most relevant experience and why you are the perfect fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no in store/phone enquiries, email applications only. Thank you